Lots of tourists visit Rishikesh due to river rafting offered by the city. The best time to do river rafting is either in summer prior to monsoon, or after monsoon before winter starts. Best time to perform white river rafting in Rishikesh is April, May, June, September and October every year.
There are different white river rafting packages offered by tourist agencies in Rishikesh –
1. Brahmpuri White River Rafting Package in Rishikesh
2. Shivpuri White River Rafting Package in Rishikesh
3. Marine Drive White River Rafting Package in Rishikesh
4. Kaudiyala White River Rafting Package in Rishikesh
Of the four packages, Brahpuri River Rafting is the easiest and is for the kids and for the people who are new to river rafting.
The difficulty level of river rafting in Rishikesh is measured by the number of high grade rapids, that come on the course of river rafting.
There are some travel agencies which offer combo packs for the thrill loving tourists, which includes white river rafting, rappelling, rock climbing, cliff jumping, bungee jumping etc.
There are some precautions to be taken while opting for white river rafting in Rishikesh:
1. Its recommended that the package must be taken from authorized travel agencies.
2. Tourists should not carry the precious items with them at the time of white river rafting like cash, gold etc
3. Tourists must attend the briefing given at the commencement of the river rafting, by the guide
4. For the tourists who are doing river rafting for the first time, must opt for Brahmpuri River Rafting, which is considered to be easiest of the available river rafting packages.